So I know February is the shortest month and all, but didn’t this February just fly by? I can hardly believe it’s March already! I’d like to start a new series of posts involving monthly goals. January, as usual, provided plenty of ideas and inspirations from all kinds of goal-setters that I know and I set some annual and monthly goals for myself. Now that it’s March, I’d like to share some of them here and perhaps even keep you updated on my progress. Because I know that’s thrilling for you.
Here are some of my March goals:
- read and review 4 books: Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life, Work Shift: How to Create a Better Blend of Work, Life, and Family, Dinner: A Love Story: It all begins at the family table, and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
- start having people over again! We were pretty consistent last year about practicing hospitality but we haven’t done much since the holidays.
- keep working on daily habits: evening and morning routines, cleaning schedule, etc.
Tsh Oxenreider of Simple Mom is pretty amazing and she’s written a couple of books that I highly recommend. One Bite at a Time is a super-helpful breakdown of 52 different projects to simplify your life. I went through the book at the beginning of this year and designated months for each specific goal, usually putting similar goals in the same month so I can focus on one big area each month. March goals are all about cleaning so, uh, I’m definitely excited about that. *wince* But it’s timely, because we’re anticipating a move in late April so it’s about time to clean up and purge before packing anyhow. And, you know, spring cleaning is a thing, right??
Here are my One Bite at a Time goals for this month:
- Clean as you go
- Clean your kitchen as you cook
- Make your kitchen paperless
- Switch to non-toxic cleaners
Do you set regular goals for yourself? What are some of your current goals? I’d love to hear about them!